Why It’s Important to Care for Yourself
In this modern world, it’s so easy to not take time for yourself. You’re busy. You get distracted. You focus on other people and other tasks. But it’s imperative to take care of yourself in order to take care of others, especially during the holidays. It’s easy to get wrapped up in decorating, cooking, baking, eating, partying, shopping, travelling and on and on.
It is better to give than receive; however, it’s better to give to yourself first. Because the consequences of sacrificing for others and putting you lower on the priority list are too great. Plus, you definitely don’t want to be sick come New Year’s. Here are 10 reasons to take time for your self:
- Because if the flight attendant hadn’t mentioned it, you would have put the oxygen mask on your loved one first.
- Because you work hard all year long and work even harder around the holidays.
- Because you deserve a break.
- Because you care for others.
- Because you yourself are an investment.
- Because you’re the friend who helps her friends out of binds.
- Because you skip meals to run errands.
- Because you don’t sleep enough.
- Because you’re losing the battle with fatigue.
- Because you are worth it.